Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Waiting on the Lord of the Harvest

God is always good, but I can't always see that.  Sometimes I let my own plans get so important to me that I get disappointed when God doesn't bring them to pass.  My hope always belongs in Jesus, and so that's where I'm putting it. Hopefully someday  I'll just do that up front.

On the top right of our blog we have a thermometer which shows our fundraising progress.  God has been gracious and the line is almost 2/3 to the top.  That's very exciting, because now the end is in sight, yet a little disappointing because it means we must wait a bit longer than we hoped.

We hoped and prayed to be in Lebanon in October for the start of the school year at the Beirut Baptist School.    The Director of LSESD had asked if we could be there to start the year, and I told him that I would pray and work as hard as I could for that.  I've spoken to groups thus far 33 times in just under 90 days, which has been a pretty brisk pace for my family.  But that's a great thing, we've had a chance to connect with a lot of people who share our vision for reaching the Muslim world with the Gospel.

A wise friend told me "If you believe strongly enough in God's vision, then you'll do what is required of you to be part of it."  So we will.  I have avoided scheduling anything in October up to this point, because I don't like to pray for something and then plan for something different.  It's become evident that God's timetable extends beyond September, so we are scheduling out until the end of the year.  Our prayer is "bring this quickly, Lord Jesus, according to your will."  Please join us in this prayer, because:

"The harvest is vast, but the workers are few.  So ask the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest."







No comments:

Post a Comment